Read Time: < 1 minute
Frema Opare, Kan Dapaah retained as President Akufo-Addo names first batch of appointees
January 12, 20210
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has maintained Hon Frema Osei Opare as Chief of Staff as he names his first batch of appointees for the second term of the NPP administration.
The list includes Hon. Albert Kan Dapaah who is set to retain his position as Minister of National Security.
The first batch of Ministerial nominees also include Former Minister for Education, Hon. Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh who has been named as Minister-designate of Energy.
His former deputy Dr. Yaw Adutwum has been elevated as Minister- designate for Education.
MP for Hohoe constituency, Hon John Peter Amewu who served as Energy minister in the last term of the President has been nominated as Minister for Highways with Hon. Osei Akoto also heading to the Ministry of Agriculture.
Former Deputy Chiefs of Staff at the Presidency Hon. Asenso Boakye and Hon Samuel Abu Jinapor have been nominated as Ministers- designate for Ministry of Works and the Ministry of Lands respectively.
Below is the full list of President Akufo-Addo’s first list of ministerial nominations:
- Hon Dr Yaw Adutwum- Minister for Education
- Hon Dr Opoku Matthew- Minister for Energy
- Hon Peter Amewu- Minister for Highways
- Hon Samuel Jinapor- Minister of Lands
- Hon Asenso Boakye- (Minister of Works)
- Hon Albert Kan Dapaah- Minister of National Security
- Hon Osei Akoto- ( Minister of agriculture)
- Hon Frema Osei Opare(Chief of Staff)
- Hon Yeboah Asiamah (Minister of Transport)